Saturday 25 October 2014

Japanese Maples in the Leicester Botanic Garden

I have been painting this larger canvas from a painting I did a while ago en plein air in the Botanic Garden.  I haven't done this before and enjoyed doing it, but I did find it quite difficult to start with, trying to paint with freedom by not copying the original too closely!! I am sure practise will help! I was back in gardens sketching last Saturday and the colours were amazing.

Japanese Maples.  oil on canvas  40cm * 50cm

4 comments:

  1. Lovely reds Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was difficult to choose but this is my favourite painting in the Sandstone Garden. The autumnal colours must have been lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this Sheila, the interesting shapes in the foreground and complimentary colours work so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Frank, and very many thanks for your comments. :-)

    ReplyDelete